This is a very easy funky idea- bunny ears!!!
What will you need:
Bunny Ear Pattern
Sewing machine – or just needle and thread
1/2″ thick elastic
1. Print your pattern. Cut up a 6″ x 6.5″ piece of fabric (for the small bunny ear pattern). Fold it on the short side right side in and pin your pattern. I like bending the pins a bit so the pattern will lay flat (or at least flatter). Sew around the pattern – you don’t have to follow it to a T – it’s just a basic shape guide.
2. Cut around, leaving 1 cm space around the sewn shape. And before I forget – don’t sew all around, leave a bit of space – you’d want to be able to turn it inside out! You’ll want to cut little grooves on that 1 cm space around it, being careful not to cut through the sewn line. Iron it before turning it inside out.
3. This is what it should look like after those steps.
4. Next, take a 1.5″ x 8″ piece of fabric fold it inwards (like when you’re making bias tape). Sew the sides down. Make a knot in the middle.
5. Get your hair band, assemble like so and stitch the backside of the knotted fabric like so – folding it so you’ll have clean edges. And then you’re done!
Source: Minted Strawberry