I am in love with this recipe, it is so easy and taste so good!! You can also turn it into mini lemon meringue just by buying pastry cups and fulling the cup with the lemon mixture and finish it up with the meringue.
1 packet Tennis biscuits ( for mini meringue buy pastry cups)
1 tin condensed milk
125ml (½ cup) lemon juice
150g margarine (or butter) (no need for butter when making mini meringue)
¼ cup castor sugar
Method: (leave step 1-3 out when making mini meringue)
- Melt the margarine.
- Crush the Tennis biscuits until finely crumbled and add the margarine.
- Press into pie dish and place in the fridge.
- Pour condensed milk into a mixing bowl.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the condensed milk and stir till well blended.
- Add lemon juice and stir until it thickens.
- Pour over the biscuit crust. (or into pastry cups)
- Combine the egg whites and castor sugar and beat until stiff (+/-15 minutes).
- Pour it over the lemon curd.
- Bake at 140°C for 30 – 40 minutes.
Source: Just easy recipes